Thursday, April 1, 2010

victory

The author of The Last Lecture stresses how important childhood dreams are. Well, here is one of mine.
I want to win a fantasy basketball Championship.

I think it'd definitely attainable given that I will most likely play 3 leagues every year until I can no longer operate a computer. I just want to know what it's like to win. It's obviously not about the money, I want the ring, the 'ship. This year was my 2nd year playing, and it ended in such a disappointment. But somehow, i wasn't shocked, i just like to complain, so here it goes.

Throughout the entire season, I was in 1st place. The entire season! My team was stacked, zach randolph, brook lopez, luol deng, caron butler (mistake), vince carter (biggest mistake), and i picked up two studs in Blatche and Collison. I made it to the playoffs with the number 1 seed, which means first round bye. Ok, no prob. Then all of a sudden, very slowly, "it" started happening...

-Luol Deng goes down 2-4 weeks with an injury= dropped him
-Chris paul comes back=no more studly numbers for collison
-channing frye has slowed down every since brook's twin started getting more pt
-vince carter is being fragile
-and finally, blatche plays 8 minutes, and scores 4 points. I thought he got injured, but kyle informed me that he had a fight with the coach, fcuk me.

the sick thing is, I was winning 5-4 before Sunday. I had some open roster spots, so i needed to make some changes to help. I was very close in blocks and steals, so i asked kyle for some help. He gave me some suggestions, but all his players were not available. I told him Charlie V (I think he had 1 point and 1 assist btw) is available, and he said he's better than nothing. SO i swoop on him. But then I check the Warriors box score, and see that Turiaf played and had a block and a steal. I need that block and steal (I was in San Diego at the time with slow internet). I text kyle and ask him his opinion, and he says something like "it's close, but i would probably just stand pat" I agreed that it was close, so I just said fcuk it.
Sunday comes around, and I check the matchup, and it's close. Turiaf ends up having 2 blocks and 2 steals while shooting 5-5. Fcuk me. At the end of the day, I tied in FG%, and lost in blocks by 2. So had I picked up Turiaf, I would have won FG%, and tied in blocks, which would make the score 4-4-1. A tie, and in my ESPN league, I checked the tie breaker, and it goes to regular season record, ouch.

I'm going to win one day, and my reaction will be something like

No comments:

Post a Comment