Wednesday, April 7, 2010

good2cu

Go to robustothemovie.com
This 40 minute documentary is about the online poker pro, Andrew “good2cu” Robl. He is a young successful poker player living in Las Vegas . A couple years ago, he had a crew called “The shipItHolla Ballas”. It was a group of young successful online poker players that included Phil “OMGclayaiken” Galfond. It all sounds sort of gay, but I would have died to be in it. If you’ve seen episode 1 of this series, the story about Robl (episode 2) is completely different. It gets the other prospective of the young online poker player. Watch it. Here are my thoughts:
-It’s funny how in the first few minutes of the documentary, he is clearly staring at his assistant’s boobs.
-I like how he says he doesn’t see a future with Mila, even though she wants to slow down and get married. Sounds like love to me. Maybe it’s a Las Vegas thing.
-I found it interesting when he said that a professional poker player is portrayed as more prestigious than a doctor or lawyer in Las Vegas .
-There is a lot of advertising for VictoryPoker.com in this documentary. I heard the site is full of regs, and it’s a rip off. I heard the rake is ridiculous for an online poker site.
-The soy sauce bet was funny. I love these types of bets. I’ve probably lost around $100 on these stupid bets, $5 or $10 at a time.
-Seeing his stats from the partypoker days was crazy. A 200%+ ROI is ridiculous. In today’s games, the biggest winners have an ROI of less than 20%. I miss the PartyPoker days. I still remember multi-tabling on PartyPoker. I had no idea what I was doing really, so I just tried to play tight. It seemed to work, but I def wish I could go back and make some serious monies. PartyPoker still owes me an ipod shuffle, those bastards. When they stopped allowing US customers, I used all my points for an ipod shuffle, but it never came. But I guess I can’t complain, I was playing underage at the time.
After watching the entire documentary, it all seemed kind of dark. It seemed to show the downsides of poker. Robl never really seemed happy or content. He seemed unsatisfied all the time. I understand that he was in a serious downswing during filming, but still.
Anyway, in his blog, he says he is up 250K in the past week. Which I like to call "doing the run-good"

No comments:

Post a Comment