Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The top 5 football movies

5. Friday Night Lights
I love high school football movies. I don’t think you can really go wrong with them, and this movie didn’t disappoint. I actually get chills when I watch the championship game at the end. Btw, the TV show is just as good as the movie. Season 1 was awesome, and I’m still waiting on the Season 2 DVDS. Minka Kelly > Sloan (Entourage) I’m probably the minority on this one.

4. The Waterboy
I remember being in elementary school and going to see this movie with 2 of my friends at the West Valley Mall! I think it was my first movie in theatres without any family. I’d say it’s Adam Sandler in his prime. There are so many classic lines in this movie. “No Colonel Sanders, you’re wrong, Mama’s right.”

3. The Blindside
This movie was amazing, probably my favorite movie of the year. It’s such a heartwarming movie. I would rank this movie higher, but it’s too recent. I’ve probably seen my #1 movie 20 times and would still happily watch it again. So, we’ll see what the replay value is.

2. Little Giants
My parents definitely didn’t spoil Derek and me. Therefore, our VHS collection was very limited. I’d say Little Giants was a top 5 video in our collection. What a great underdog movie. Here’s one thing that always bothered me when I was watching the movie when I was a kid. Here it goes, during the last play, “Annexation of Puerto Rico”, there was 3 maybe 4 seconds left. So, as a kid, I’m thinking (in basketball terms), ok let’s see you score a touchdown in only 3 seconds. But the play actually takes probably 10-12 seconds. I remember just thinking this is bullshit, there’s no way that play only took 3 seconds. But eventually, I did learn that football and basketball rules are different.

1. Remember the Titans
No surprise here. Everyone loves this movie. You can watch it over and over, and it doesn’t get old. Denzel is the man, plain and simple. The little girl (Hayden?) is good for some laughs as well. Although, I don’t think she is good-looking. (I may be the minority in this one too)

Other movies that I considered were Rudy and Varsity Blues. Rudy is a great movie, but there is no replay value. If it were on tv, I would rather watch a re-run of Home Improvement. I really like Varsity Blues because it’s such an MTV movie. And there is nudity, which is important, just kidding.

Anyone agree with my top 5?

7 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I watched Remember the Titans with you in the theaters. Don't know why I remember that.

    I agree that Hayden is not good looking. She's rounder than a basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I somehow did not see FOOTBALL when I first read this.

    What about your top 5 sports movies overall??? I want to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tried to do top 5 overall, too hard lol
    you do it steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never seen that movie, i probably should though

    ReplyDelete