Wednesday, March 3, 2010

minka kelly

So here’s the deal, picture this, Choose your dream girl. Now think of spending a week with this girl. And in this week, she is in love with you and you guys could do anything. For example, you can stay up all night talking sports, playing poker, or even watching youtube videos of people opening cases of 09-10 exquisite basketball. But hey, in this week, she is all yours. She will do almost Anything. How much time (days, weeks, years) would you take off the end of your life in order to get this week with your dream girl.

I heard this scenario on a poker show a couple months back, and I find it the most interesting discussion topic. I have asked probably 15 people this question and have answers that are all over the board. I’ve heard answers as low as 20 days to 10+ years. Haha. But anyway, I’m sad because I’ll never know how I would’ve answered. Because once you’ve heard ONE person answer it, the whole situation is screwed up. What if the first answer that I heard was 30 days. Of couse I’m not going to say anything over 50 days because that’d be embarrassing. If the first answer would have been 8 years. I subconsciously will think “ok yeah, I’ll be safe and go 5 years.”

Here are the trends that I have observed.
-If you are in a big group of guys, the answer is probably lower because the person doesn’t want to sound desperate. Because think about it, what sounds more odd, 12 years or 2 years. People like to be conservative in a situation like this.

-If a person can think of their dream girl within seconds of asking. The answer will be a lot higher than expected. My guess is that it is because they have thought about what they want to “do” in that one week with their dream girl.

-If the person keeps asking things like “she’ll do anything?!” and “wait, like anything anything?!” It’s an automatic 5+ year person.

No comments:

Post a Comment