Wednesday, March 17, 2010

destined to lose

I need to stop watching bay area sports. It depresses me more than anything else in the world. It’s so frustrating. Of course I watched the Warriors blow a big lead to Portland on ESPN the other day. Before every game I watch, I say to myself over and over, “The warriors are going to lose tonight, but I’ll just watch the game.” And during every single game, they give me a sliver of hope that maybe they can win. Then bam, I get emotionally attached to the game, and they end up breaking my heart. I can’t do it anymore.
It’s so sick how they give false hope, but seem to never close the deal. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I have this mentality with every game that I watch, that the team I’m rooting for is going to lose in the most crushing way possible. Games that come to mind are:
1. When the giants lost to the Rockies with a walk off grand slam
2. When the Warriors were up by 2 with like a second left to the nugs, and jr smith draws the foul and drains the free throws FTW
3. When the 49ers lost to a miracle pass by Favre for their first loss of the 2009 season
This ‘bay area mentality’ has me scared to death about fantasy bball playoffs. I’m the number 1 seed after a very very lucky draft day. I have a bye, but I just have this feeling that I’m going to lose and not make it to the championship. I mean, how could I win? That just wouldn’t be right.

-luol deng gets hurt
-andray blatche messed up his ankle

first round exit?

No comments:

Post a Comment