Sunday, June 12, 2011

SINCE JUMP STREEEEEEET

I’m officially looking to sell my glove. I’m looking to get 2/3 of my money back. I want Madison Bumgarner’s glove. I shouldn’t have bought a glove with holes in the web. If I have a son, and he wants to pitch, I don’t want him to tip his pitches. (i think i'm half kidding, i think)

The basketball team I play for lost last Sunday to the Frisco Hawks. They had pretty nice uniforms and like our first game, we looked like 14.5 point underdogs pregame. Btw, I thought San Francisco people hate the term “frisco”, guess not. I played horribly. Had a couple turnovers, 0-2 from the field, 1-2 from the line, maybe 2 rebounds. But let’s be real, I was shooting like 30% from the field in the first couple games, so I was due for a bad game. I even got called for traveling, haaaaahh, it was hilarious. I never travel, I’m not quick enough to travel, I got flat feet homie

today, we lost by about 25 or so. the other team shouldn't have been in the rec league. but whatever. had a bounce back game, 9 points, 3 treys, shot 3-8 i think. condition wise, it was horrible, i only got about 4 hours of sleep before we had to play, and i subbed myself out once the game started after only 3 minutes game time.

these nba playoffs were weak. the conference finals both went 5 games only, that was extremely weak. in the past few nba playoffs, i was strictly a laker-hater. this year, after the lakers lost, i was strictly a playoff basketball fan, i wanted just to see game a game 7. i wanted to see a must-watch game, a superbowl. ok ok, i know the mia-dallas games have been pretty exciting. but i guess i shot myself in the foot there. i wanted miami to win only because of the $50. but it's impossible, in my opinion, to hate on dallas. i really really wanted dirk to win a championship. and i'm a big fan of mark cuban too. kidd too. weak, i never thought that the lakers would get swept in the playoffs, dallas/dirk wins the championship, and i would STILLLL be unsatisfied. bull shit


Cliffs:
Guy on youtube collects cards. He makes 25 “mystery packs”. Each pack cost $60. Each pack consists of 1-6 cards that have a combined “sell” value of $40 to the ultimate chaser card: the Bryce Harper auto Bowman card. I decide to buy a pack, the most I’m losing is $20, and I have a shot at the Bryce. let's gambooool

Now, the guy assigns me randomly to pack #14. He opens them live on Blogtv. I do not have an account on Blogtv. Anyway, the day he opens them, he posts a youtube video with a link to his blogtv room/site. I was just watching the giants/cards game, so I click it and start to watch him open the packs. Blah blah blah, he opens 20 of the 25 packs. No harper auto. So I have a 1 in 5 chance of getting the Bryce harper auto! I quickly make a blog tv account so I can chat. FUCKING LOSER, I KNOW. I jokingly ask in chat “does anyone want to buy my pack for a premium?”. About 4-5 ppl typed in chat “100” “105” “110”. I ask if they are serious, and they say they are. I thought I was joking, but this could get interesting. So anyway, 5 packs left, 1 pack has a Bryce harper auto which could sell on ebay from 400-500. The other 4 packs have values of about $40 each. Therefore, I calculated that the total value of the 5 packs are about 420+50+50+50+50=580. $620 divided by 6 is about $125. I think I’m being generous about these values, and I took into account ebay fees. By the way, the owners of the other 4 packs are not in the room, and the guy gave me the option of letting another pack be opened, and then re negotiate a “deal”. Long story short, I sell my pack for $150, book the $90 profit. He opens my pack, and bang, Bryce harper auto. Lol of course it would be there. here's the link to the vid: http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/583536/date/bePubeZEaeNwZ23vbH

i've gone back and forth, and i've concluded that i made the right decision. the only argument to why I SHOULD NOT have taken the deal, was that i should have "gambled". but if i wanted to gamble, i could just play poker on bodog, or bet on sports. or i could buy 10,000 shares of apple or stock X. therefore, i couldn't pass on the deal, i couldn't pass on the value that the guy offered me. He offered to pay $150 for something that i valued at $125. i'll take the deal

to recap, i decided to take the "take the deal" in the mystery packs and got effed, i decided to let my MIAMI bet ride (i could've locked in a profit anytime until game 5). and got effed. 0/2. but to be fair, to lock in the MIA profit, i would have had to GIVE UP value in order to do so. basically paying for insurance. and there's a reason why insurance companies make a shit-ton of money

5 comments:

  1. haha hi raymond.

    hey, is the stats to your league public?

    ReplyDelete
  2. edit; i love how surprised the dude was when he opened it. dont worry tho, it was obv the right sell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.dreamleague.org/season/team_embed.php?team_id=6392

    it's not updated though, it only shows the first 2 games, not the last 2 . not exactly sure why

    ReplyDelete