Monday, January 24, 2011

scuba steve...damn you

I’ve always heard of people getting tickets in San Francisco and whatnot, and have thought to myself it can’t be that hard to avoid getting parking tickets. However, it took me about 48 hours for me to get my first ticket. On the street that I live on, you can’t park on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month, from 1-3 PM. Therefore, out of the entire month, you can’t park on the street for 4 hours. And on the second day here, I walked to Bart in the morning, leaving my car on the street. I come back Friday afternoon to see a nice little white envelope on my windshield. 55 bones, cool bro.

I’m not completely positive, but I think I live in a half-ghetto (in SF terms). The neighborhood basically has characteristics of a ghetto, and of an average neighborhood. But who knows, maybe all of San Francisco is like that. Sometimes, there will be kids riding their bikes on the sidewalks. Other times, a group of 6 guys living the thug life come strolling through. Maybe strolling is the wrong word.

I think if I had to pick one guy, i'd say that Billy Walters is the most interesting man in the world. I first heard of him when I read an article that Billy Walters allowed Phil Ivey to make some of his high stakes sports bets. But anyway, I was listening to a poker podcast this morning and supposedly, Doyle Brunson said the dollar amounts in this video were played down for IRS reasons. unbelievable

3 comments: