Wednesday, May 11, 2011

suburban commando

i got my new baseball glove 2 weeks ago, my A.D.D. and pressure from scottmizuno.com made me "buy it now" on ebay before i did any type of real research. i pretty much searched glove. looked for a black one with a web that had holes. odds are I will never use it in any type of game whatsoever. I justified my purchase thinking that maybe if i have a son, he would use it. but with my luck, my son will be a left handed first baseman, then quit.

i was pretty tilted. so i paid for it with paypal, but didn't change my shipping address. so it shipped to tracy, and i was in sf. it arrived on a tuesday, but i wasn't going to tracy until friday. ALL i could think about for those 3 days was that new baseball glove. i considered even driving home on wednesday just to pick up the glove. TILT

the day i got it, the only thing i wanted to do was play catch. i called my dad and asked him to come home so we could play catch before it got dark. he did, but he wasn't really feeling it, and wanted to go in after like 10 minutes. sad. plain milk's fine. i overthrew him a few times since i was rusty and my dad doesn't get off the ground, and my dad kept saying "release point, release point". then i remembered why i didn't like baseball that much when I was younger


1 comment: