Sunday, June 27, 2010

Madison Bumgarner looks like a Madison

I went to the Giants vs. Red Sox game yesterday with Corinne. Scott told me he was going so of course I proposed we make some prop bets. We bet on 9 categories and he beat me 5-4. I thought I was looking good at the beginning.
I had: Madison Bumgarner (he's so goofy looking) pitches 5.2 innings and less and over 1.5 home runs.

He gave up two home runs and 3 runs within the first 2 innings. So I locked up the home run category, and I thought for sure Bumgarner wouldn’t last past 5 innings. But, he surprised me by pitching very solid past 5.2 innings. I couldn’t get an error or another double play, so there goes $20. Bumgarner looked good though, so that was cool to see. I was also shocked how many Red Sox fans were there. I’d say 1 in 6 fans were Red Sox fans.

Soccer tilts me. It desperately needs instant replay, especially for the World Cup. I’ve only watched a few games, but there has been so many damn missed calls. And it’s not just me saying they are missed calls, the announcers are saying they are horrible calls. I woke up early to watch the England game today, they were down 1-2, and had a ball clearly go in the goal, but the ref didn’t see it go in. It was complete bull shit. ESPN predicted 1.5 to 2 billion would be wagered on the entire World Cup. I just don’t understand how the refs can miss so many huge calls. It’s rigged.

PokerStars Game #46062018100: Tournament #286701831, $30.00+$1.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2010/06/27 15:33:36 ET
Table '286701831 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Galvaskur (2060 in chips)
Seat 2: iNViZiGO (940 in chips)
Galvaskur: posts small blind 15
iNViZiGO: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iNViZiGO [8h 5h]
Galvaskur: raises 30 to 60
iNViZiGO: calls 30
*** FLOP *** [9h Jh Qh]
iNViZiGO: checks
Galvaskur: checks
*** TURN *** [9h Jh Qh] [Th]
iNViZiGO: checks
Galvaskur: bets 60
iNViZiGO: calls 60
*** RIVER *** [9h Jh Qh Th] [Kh]
iNViZiGO: checks
Galvaskur: bets 240
iNViZiGO: calls 240
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Galvaskur: shows [7c 2s] (a straight flush, Nine to King)
iNViZiGO: shows [8h 5h] (a straight flush, Nine to King)
iNViZiGO collected 360 from pot
Galvaskur collected 360 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 720 | Rake 0
Board [9h Jh Qh Th Kh]
Seat 1: Galvaskur (button) (small blind) showed [7c 2s] and won (360) with a straight flush, Nine to King
Seat 2: iNViZiGO (big blind) showed [8h 5h] and won (360) with a straight flush, Nine to King
I don’t think this has ever happened to me, but a straight flush came on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment