Friday, June 4, 2010

byahhhh

Bryce Harper- Maybe some people don’t know, but he is a 17-year old baseball player from Las Vegas who is expected to be the first overall MLB draft pick on Monday. He skipped his last 2 years of high school to enroll in a junior college in order to be eligible for this year’s draft.

-I think his parents are stupid. I would like to think that I would make my son at least finish high school at the very minimum. Yes, everything worked out fine so far and they are looking at a big payday very soon. But what kind of an example is this? Every young kid with above average talent will put all of their time into baseball to try and be the next Bryce Harper.

-I don’t know anything about clubhouses and baseball players off the field, but is he going to get any respect at all? Much like Billy Heywood in Little Big League, everyone is going to think he’s a joke. If I’m a 30-year old baseball player, am I really going to respect an 18-year old millionaire? Nah. Maybe he’s really mature and hardworking, but from the articles I’ve read, he’s very immature. Yes, he probably IS immature, and he is being judged for that. But man, he’s only 17. Geez, I don’t even want to think about my actions as a 17-year old.

-I love hype, and can’t wait to see him play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/draft2010/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=5248377

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan. After reading the SI article, I can't help but root against the kid.

    ReplyDelete