Wednesday, June 9, 2010

it's jamie's birthday!

I understand that the refs are trying to control the game by calling very light fouls here and there. But man, I wonder what would happen if I call some of those fouls in an intramural game. My own team would be embarrassed if I made some of those calls.

There's a big difference between saying "Kobe sucks" and "I hate Kobe". No, Kobe does not suck, and yes, I hate Kobe. As much as I love anti-laker fans, I just think it's annoying when they say "Yeah, Kobe Sucks". I don't really want to argue, but I just want to tell them that "Um, you're wrong."

Also, this hasn't happened recently, but when I used to talk to Ryan (my friend from high school who claims he is a Laker "fan" even though he was born and raised in Tracy and is a Giants, 49ers fan hmm?), our conversations went something like this.
me: I hate Kobe
ryan: What are you talking about, he is sooo good.
me: I never said he wasn't good, I just said I hate him
ryan: What are you talking about? He is the best player in the league, look how many rings he has
me: Ok, i know how many rings he has won, but I just don't like him, i mean, he rapes white girls (i know i know, he didn't rape her)
ryan: Whatever man, you like the Warriors, when's the last time they made it to the playoffs?

same conversations, different day. I remember talking to him one day, and he said he liked Malone as a Laker more than Shaq. I couldn't believe what he was saying, he said it was because "Shaq can't even shoot free throws". I hope all Laker fans do not agree with this.

So yeah, Kobe is damn good, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. And Scott: Jt and I were watching the game and when Pau made some key shots to stop the Celtics comeback, we were commenting that he was playing like Al Jefferson out there.

speaking of kobe

2 comments:

  1. i love how your title had nothing to do with the post. hahahahah :D happy birthday jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah! what he said. but thanks for the shoutout.

    the post is kind of related to me. although i don't think you intended it to be. i hate paul pierce? never said he was bad, he's pretty good. but i hate his face. good competitors shouldnt be over-actors!

    ReplyDelete