Saturday, September 17, 2011

non zero percent chance

non zero percent chance. i'm not sure why this interests me so much. about 3 months ago, i was eating lunch with a guy i work with and we were talking about the warriors. he's a david lee supporter and is generally very optimistic about the warriors as a franchise. i was telling him how i had bet-raped russell. i told him there is a zero percent chance of the warriors winning a championship in the next 9 years. at the time, i was extremely confident that i was right. i thought, with 100% certainty, that there was a zero percent chance that the warriors would win a championship in the next 9 years. just to clarify, at the time, i thought i knew more about basketball than my co-worker. so when he argued that i was 100% wrong, i just thought to myself that he "just doesn't get it".

now, i understand that i was 100% wrong. during that debate and probably for most of my life, i had a big misunderstanding. i confused highly unlikely with impossible. mindblowingiknow

it’s highly unlikely that i ever play shortstop for the san francisco giants, but you can’t say it’s impossible. there’s a non zero percent chance that I kick it in the backseat with DEV before I die. Everyone keeps telling me that I have no shot with newly single minka Kelly. EVERYONE is wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment