Tuesday, August 3, 2010

goodbye vegas, you bitch

I got extremely tired of blogging toward the end of the trip. But here are some bullets.
-We saw two shows at the Excalibur, Tournament of the Kings and Louie Anderson. Louie Anderson was really funny and well worth the $35 or whatever it was. It was definitely catered to an older crowd, but Steve and I still had a good time. We went to the TOK the night before and that was fun too. This definitely catered to the younger crowd (under 10), but we still had fun eating and rooting for Espana. So two nights, two shows, both didn’t cater to our age group. After Louie, we went back to the MGM to play the beginner’s game where I managed to lose $100 in about 45 minutes, lol me.
-We went to the USA blue/white scrimmage which was the best value for the entire trip. Seeing all the players up close was pretty awesome. I somehow managed to lose the damn tickets 2 days before the game, but fortunately, we printed them out at Starbucks. We obv made some bets and it came down to Steph Curry. With about 6 minutes left in the game, I think I need Curry to have 5 more points, but he was on the bench at this time. As usual, I offered a buy-out (knowing that I was the underdog). Steve politely saed no thanks. However, he came back in the game. I set the line at 13.5 points, and he had 13 with less than 2 minutes left. But he got fouled and went to shoot 2. I don’t know how, but he rimmed the first one out, and I was thinking, no way he can miss 2. However, he drained the second to give him 14, and stood up and did a fist pump, I’m pretty sure people thought I was crazy. But yeah good game, and I definitely want to go back. Oh, and Kloe Kardashian sat a row in front of us. They eventually had to move because so many people were asking to take pictures with her. No joke, she is very unattractive in real person, very bad acne and just ugh, really Lamar? really?
I really can’t remember what else we did for the last week. I started to play a lot of poker at the Stratosphere just because it was comfortable. The game is pretty nitty at times though, and usually filled with 3-5 guys that know each other. Whatever, I like playing against old nits who think they are good. I had a few good sessions over the last week. I played blackjack once at Stratosphere, and proceeded to lose $40 in no joke, probably 6 minutes. People don’t believe me, but I honestly do not like gambling that much. I like making bets, but I don’t like gambling. I’m pretty sure that makes no sense.
On the last day, we decided to try and stay up all night because we had to leave for our flight at about 9am. So we went to the Sahara and played 2-4 limit. I’ve never played limit live, but I have online. This game was awesome, no one really takes it serious, everyone is talking, joking, and having a great time. For the next 5 hours or so, I got hit in the head with the deck. I was flopping 2 pair, my big pairs were holding up, I was turning flushes, it was crazy.
-I miss Vegas, but my future trips are going to be weird for me. 4 days in Vegas? That’s way too short. I do want to go back, but I would want to only go back for a month, or nothing.
-I absolutely hate live poker. I had a few good tables, and by that I mean I enjoyed my table and had a great time talking with people. But for the most part, I just hate listening to guys talk “poker strategy” at the tables. I think the biggest part of my hatred for live poker comes from my online history. I play 3-4 tables heads up at a time, so maybe 200-300 hands for every 30 minutes. But in live poker, you get maybe 20 hands an hour?
-Steve and I went on Insanity on the top of Stratosphere. I’ve never really been scared on a ride before, but man, it was pretty scary. Dangling from the top of 108 floors high, wow.
-Overall, a great month in Vegas!
-I just watched “True Life, I’m moving to Vegas”. I love mtv

No comments:

Post a Comment