Sunday, February 28, 2010

fcuked since Jump Street

I never knew how much frustration and hard work went into being a league manager of a fantasy basketball league. My fantasy league consists of 12 teams and one very vocal team. His name rhymes with Lyle Pee. He has a legitimate argument and has every right to be angry, but I’m also in a weird situation. Here it goes:
There are two teams in question, Team Bad and Team Habits. They are close friends and don’t really know any of the other people in the league that well. When the trade deadline was two weeks away, a very questionable trade was accepted.
Team Bad traded Jose Calderon and Chris Kaman.
Team Habits traded Jason Kidd and Tim Duncan.
It’s a pretty unfair trade to anyone that follows fantasy basketball, but blah. The league veto was at 4 and I thought it would get vetoed easily. For whatever reason, the trade went through. So Lyle Pee is already upset as he is in 4th place at the moment. He sort of makes a big deal but gets over it.
So now this week, Team Bad and Team Habits are playing each other and on the last couple of days. Team Habits (who is out of playoff contention) benches all of his players to let Team Bad win 8-1. Lyle Pee has had enough and posts a very angry message on the message board pretty much demanding that they get kicked out.
Another team (in 3rd place) is also angry and says that something should be done.
But, what am I supposed to do? I tried to keep the peace between all members of the league for the whole year. But now I just can’t wait for the season to be over. I can care less about the money. I guess my options are:
A) Give everyone refunds of their $20
B) Kick both of the teams in question out of the league (for some unmentioned reasons, this is pretty unlikely”
C) Split the prize money right now some way
D) Allow the upset league members a refund and continue
E) Keep everyone’s money and tell them to gtfo.


Blahh, being league manager is so annoying. Maybe it’s because my team sucks.

I bet on the USA Canada hockey game. I asked my “hockey” roommate if he wanted to bet on it with me. He said he would bet Canada -1 and I said alright. So I booked it online and tried my hardest to watch it. Before the game, they were hyping the game as the biggest game “ever” or something like that. They showed the teams and the rowdy crowd and all the Olympic history and prestige. I was a little excited. But, I just couldn’t get into the game. I recorded the game since I had to do laundry at the starting time. But damn, I can’t get into hockey like basketball or football. I ended up watching the game in fast forward for about a period and a half. Canada jumped out to a 2-0 lead but USA scored with 24 seconds left and the game went to overtime. I was pretty bored and just took a shower and came out and saw that Canada won in overtime, for the PUSH. I think hockey needs to make the goals bigger to increase scoring and have a shootout at some point in the game just to increase scoring. This may be a fail, but watching a hockey game that ends in a 14-13 score would be more intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment