Tuesday, February 4, 2014

i'm not a huuuuuge movie fan, but i know enough. so when i heard philip seymour hoffman died. i knew that he was in a lot of movies. but the first movie that popped in my head was Along Came Polly. the basketball scene where's yelling "white chocolate" and "rain drops"

ALSO, i didn't realize (until i listened to Bill Simmon's podcast) that he was also in the movie TWISTER, as Dustin. I completely forgot. and not too many people know this about me, but when i was a kid, i was obsessed with Twister. obsessed

I remember when the Tracy Mall first opened, the big new movie theater opened. somehow my family got special tickets to be a part of the grand opening. We could watch any movie, and it was all you can eat popcorn soda and candy. anyway, we saw Twister, and i thought it was the best movie ever. best. movie. ever

I guess my mom bought it for me on VHS when it came out. and no exaggeration, for what seemed like 5-6 months of my life, i would watch Twister every single school day. i was such a little weirdo. I would wake up early, probably, a couple hours before i had to leave for school. i would make toast and i would watch the first 45minutes to an hour of the movie. then when it was time to go to school. just pause it.

and when i would get home from school. i would watch the rest of the movie. every single day. if you don't believe me, ask my mom. i promise! every single school day. anyway, philip seymour hoffman was pretty funny in Twister.

No comments:

Post a Comment