Monday, October 14, 2013

bab

a couple weekends ago, i went to a 2day concert in mountain view called BEYOND, which is a rhythm and blues music festival. i was excited, plus greg jt and kyle were flying up for it. it's saturday, sunday

all you need to get into the concert is your ticket and your driver's license. easy. ticket and your driver's license. as we are waiting in line, i pull out my ticket and my driver's license. we wait in line for about 20-30 minutes. as i'm about 5 people away from security, i look down and boom, no driver's license. umm, fuckkkkk. i go into full blown level-10 monkey tilt. i mean, it was classic online poker tilt. just classic. a bunch of "fuck me" "are you kidding me?" "where the fuck did it go" "wow" "horse shit" "fuck my life"

15 minutes go by and nothing. LUCKILY, i tell an employee walking by that i lost my ID, he says don't worry, follow me, and he lets me in without any ID (good vibes, employee man!). after saturday's show, i check Lost and Found...nothing.

fine, so i get into Sunday's show with my passport.
===========
one week after BEYOND, my mom calls me and tells me that i got a letter in the mail, from mountain view, that looks like a gift card. she opens it and boooom, my driver's license. it's from barbara shofield with a note that says "found at Beyond Saturday".

thoughts:
1. why didn't she leave it at lost and found?!?
2. why didn't she facebook message me and say that she found my DL? why make me suffer and think i lost my driver's license. (seriously, #1 and #2 seem so obvious to me!)
3. when i hear the name barbara shofield. i think of a 52 year-old mother of 2. (the average age at BEYOND was...i'd say 24)
4. i hate to complain. i'm very happy that i got my DL back. Barbara was extremely nice to mail it back to me. but! wouldn't that be an amazing story, guy loses his driver's license at a rhythm and blues concert, they connect on facebook, agree to meet up and return the DL, instant chemistry, 2 hour conversation over coffee, sparks fly...and the rest is fucking history...
5. not going to lie. i was a smidge disappointed by the name. barbara shofield
6. i'm an ass wad, i should be grateful.
7. but...um...couldn't a girl named Jamie Park! send it back to me. or a Stephanie Lee!...i'm a jerk...or Kristin Chu?.....how about a Sarah White?
8. no but seriously, hypothetically. if you give me a list of 1000 random girl names that were at Beyond. and I got to pick 1 name, that would find my Driver's License and return it to me. Barbara S.  would be in the bottom 2 percent. just saying.
9. i should be grateful. i'm going to mail barbara a thank you card

No comments:

Post a Comment